Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, biblically-based recovery ministry that seeks to celebrate God’s healing and redemptive power in our lives through the 8 Recovery Principles. We invite you to experience change, allow God’s grace to help you solve life’s problems, and allow Him to release you from the hurts, hang-ups and habits that have been holding you back from authentic joy.
Celebrate Recovery Introduction
Celebrate Recovery (CR) meets every Monday night, 52 weeks a year even when Monday falls on a holiday.
5:15 – 6:00 PM Lite Bites. Families are encouraged to gather here before going to Large Group. (Donations help to cover the cost.)
5:55 – 6:00 PM Child Care Check-in
6:00 – 7:00 PM Large Group. Adults meet together for a time of worship with the CR band and praise team, then teaching or a testimony. Upon arrival a greeter will hand you a bulletin to help you become acclimated.
7:00 – 8:00 PM Open Share Groups. After large group, adults break into recovery-specific groups and meet others with similar hurts, hang-ups and habits. These groups are gender-specific and meet in separate areas. Locations are printed each week in the bulletin. If you are new to recovery or a guest we invite you to attend our “Newcomers” group.
8:00 PM Child Care Pick-up. Prompt pick-up of children is appreciated.
8:00 – 8:30 PM Connecting Time. This is a time to fellowship with others from your group, have a cup of coffee and enjoy a sweet treat.
Landing Leaders Needed!
Interested in helping lead a safe, fun & dynamic place for teens to connect, worship, heal, & thrive?
For those who signed up expressing an interest in helping with the Landing, I have several things I need you to be doing:
1. Get signed up for a step study group ASAP. You need to be moving towards Step 4 before we launch…
2. Make sure you are at CR every Monday until launch–this means large group and small group.
3. I need you to write a testimony that contains the following:
a. 1 page of what you life was like before Christ
b. 1 page of how, when and where you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior.
c. 1 page of what your life looks like after accepting Christ and how you are serving or would like to serve in CR/Landing
d. 1/2 page of what your recovery issue(s) is and how you are dealing with it through CR.
Thanks for your interest in the Landing. God is going to use this in your life and in the lives of the teens who will be coming. Pray for just the right leaders from among us and for the teens who need to find hope, healing and friendship with others. -Ray
8 Recovery Principles
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable. “Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists; that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover. “Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. “Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. “Happy are the pure in heart.” Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. “Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others except when to do so would harm them or others. “Happy are the merciful.” Matthew 5:7; “Happy are the peacemakers.” Matthew 5:8
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words. “Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matthew 5:10
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, the sinful world as it is; not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so that I may be resonably happy in this life; and supremely happy with You forever in the next. AMEN – Reinhold Niebuhr
Small Group Guidelines
These guidelines are read at the beginning of each small group (open share or step study) meeting. The small group guidelines ensure that your small group is a safe place.
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
2. There is no cross talk. Cross talk is when 2 individuals engage in a dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express their feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support one another; not “fix” one another. This keeps us focused on our own issues.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
As participants walk the road of recovery, God begins the process of healing and restoration. Every other week during large group someone gives their testimony. Here are some stories related to specific struggles you may be having. We hope these stories will encourage and help you as we walk the road to recovery together. The contributors are all people who have gone through Celebrate Recovery in their own lives and have seen the healing work that Jesus offers us all.
Celebrate Recovery Changes Lives
Anxiety, Depression & Perfectionism
Procrastination & Disorganization
Insecurity & Low Self-Esteem
Codependency & Control
Anger & Forgiveness
Fear & Anxiety
Pathway to Leadership
• Regularly attend Monday Night CR
• Attend a Step Study (you must have completed step 4 to lead a group)
• Begin attending Severns Valley’s “Discover Classes”
• Attend at least one CR Leader Training:
- One Day Seminar
- Leading a Small Group
• Submit your written Testimony (a workshop is available to help, but not required)
• Complete the Interview Process with Ministry Leader Dr. Ray